Seminar on Aviation Law with Dr Steven Truxal, 20th November 2013
On 20th November 2013, Dr Truxal who will give a talk on ‘The proliferation of domestic and regional air passenger rights regimes: a global regulatory response on the horizon?’
Dr Truxal has led successful academic career so far, having delivered lecturers in several universities around the UK and Europe. He is currently a lecturer at City University London, where he teaches Commercial Law, Contract Law and Aviation Law. His research specialization is in the area of competition and environmental regulation of air transport. Steven is particularly interested in how ‘regulation’ and multilevel decision-making impacts on and implicates airlines, air cargo carriers and firms in industries complementary to air transport.
Dr Truxal’s recent publications include:
* Competition and Regulation in the Airline Industry: Puppets in Chaos, Research in Competition Law Series, (Routledge, London & New York, 2012);
* ‘The ICAO Assembly Resolutions on International Aviation and Climate Change: Historic agreement, breakthrough deal and the Cancun effect’, 36(3) Air & Space Law (2011: 217-242);
* ‘At the Sidelines of Implementing the EU ETS: Objections to ‘validity”, 16(4) International Trade Law and Regulation (2010: 28-36);
* ‘EU Transport Emissions Compliance Catch-up’, 14(6) Int TLR (2008: 117-121);
* ‘Competitive Distortions, Carbon Emissions Efficiencies or the Green Ultimatum?’, 14(4) Int TLR (2008: 77-79).
The seminar is sponsored by City University London and will be held in Room 107, Tait Building, Northampton Square, City University London, London EC1V 0HB. The seminar is free of charge and drinks and nibbles will follow the event.